Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
- University of Lancaster linguist Veronika Koller tells the i paper why the UK government is obsessed with slogans.
- Nottingham Trent University has donated all the produce from its vertical farm to local food banks.
- Newcastle University is providing safety packs for students and staff to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the local community.
- Northumbria University has been recognising the support its students have been giving to the local community with its Best Neighbour of Campus scheme.
- University of Exeter planning support manager Kate Doyle has been spending the lockdown delivering supplies to her local community.
- University of Sheffield scientists are participating in national research investigating the long term effects of COVID-19
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David staff have created child friendly visors for local schools