Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
1. London Business School professor Paolo Surico collaborates on an analysis of the economic recession and whether its cause lies in supply or demand factors.
2. London School of Economics research fellow explores the impact of Brazil’s COVID-19 response in indigenous groups.
3. University of Exeter scientists create a device to test for COVID-19 antibodies which gives results in as little as seven minutes.
4. The University of Bath explores the significant drawbacks of Universal Credit as over 3.3 million people submit claims after redundancy due to the pandemic
5. Kingston University’s Professor of Health Research, Fiona Ross, explains how the COVID-19 crisis has impacted hospices.
6. Royal College of Art first-year students explore themes of disconnection and isolation during the pandemic using various mediums in a virtual art show.
7. Coventry University launches fully funded doctoral studentship scheme focusing on themes relating to COVID-19.
8. De Montfort University Leicester volunteers are working with Leicester City Council to distribute COVID-19 home testing kits as the local lockdown continues.