Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
1. Imperial College London shares an optimistic update as their vaccine trial moves forward.
2. Queen Mary University of London lecturer calls for Peru to receive oxygen and medicine as it is severely affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
3. Loughborough University alumna shares maths and English teaching tips to help parents homeschool their children during the pandemic.
4. City, University of London MBA graduate provides frontline workers with 6.5 million articles of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 crisis.
5. University of Bath postgraduate student shares her experiences of lockdown in University accommodation during the lockdown.
6. The Open University is leading a research project into the impact of COVID-19 on the self-employed.
7. University of Cambridge blog post reveals why humans need to change how we interact with wild and farm animals to help prevent another pandemic.
8. The University of Leicester is leading the largest national study into the long-term impacts of COVID-19 on patients who were hospitalised.