Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
1. University College London experts discuss the role of behavioural science in curbing the COVID-19 crisis on the latest episode of the Coronavirus: The Whole Story podcast series.
2. University of Manchester pharmacy degree graduate in 1975, Brian Eadon, rejoins the NHS frontline during the pandemic.
3. University of Sheffield student helps conduct a major international study into the most common symptoms of COVID-19.
4. The University of Bristol investigates social contact and physical distancing behaviours during the COVID-19 crisis to understand how the virus spreads.
5. Nottingham Trent University has donated the produce from its vertical farm to Tracy’s Street Kitchen, an organisation that helps feed the homeless.
6. The University of Cambridge develops a chip that could help screen COVID-19 treatments more efficiently.
7. Brunel University is part of a national project to help disadvantaged students impacted by the COVID-19 crisis to start studying at university.
8. Keele University explores the impact of COVID-19 on our attitudes to country and urban living.