Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the weekend.
1. University of Cambridge’s Dr Stephen Baker talks on The Economist podcast, Babbage, about how scientific developments could prevent a future pandemic.
2. The Open University explores the public perception of nursing during the COVID-19 crisis and what this means going forward in a blog post by Dr Rebecca Garcis, Lecturer in Nursing.
3. Katherine Furman at the London School of Economics investigates the influence of communities on the health and wellbeing of the population during the pandemic.
4. SOAS University of London discuss the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Horn of Africa and what can be learned from past crises.
5. Cass Business School at the City University of London has been awarded a grant to help support the UK’s economic response to the COVID-19 crisis.
6. University of Manchester academics have returned to the frontline during the pandemic. In a two-minute video, Professor Maciej Tomaszewski and Dr Adam Greenstein share their experiences working with COVID-19 patients.
7. The University of Leicester launches an urgent study into the long-term effects of a COVID-19 infection.
8. University of Bath blog post explores how Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) and the COVID-19 crisis exposes and worsens inequalities and reveals inconsistencies in public policy.