Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the past 24 hours.
1. Imperial College London shares COVID-19 research findings with 300 strong international community of diplomats, academics and scientists.
2. London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine joins consortium for surveilling COVID-19 hot-spots by detecting the virus in wastewater.
3. The University of Sheffield helps protect students from scammers taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis.
4. London School of Economics professor Daniel Nettle explores the reasons the pandemic has increased support for a Universal Basic Income on the University’s blog.
5. The University of Leicester Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Phil Baker, thanks University staff, students and alumni for their contributions to the COVID-19 national response in a vlog.
6. University of East London alumna and fashion company owner, Faith Johnson, responded to the COVID-19 crisis by pivoting her business to make scrubs and face masks for healthcare workers.
7. University of Dundee School of Life Sciences remained open during the lockdown working on a smaller scale and focused on research into COVID-19.
8. Cardiff Metropolitan University accounting student supports key workers during the pandemic by donating Jamaican-inspired food parcels.