Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the past 24 hours.
1. COVID-19 research projects, working on the NHS frontline and donating essential machinery. Read more about how the University of Leicester have responded to the pandemic.
2. In the latest episode in the podcast series Coronavirus: The Whole Story, academics talk about the University staff and students who have helped support the response to the COVID-19 crisis – University College London
3. Leeds Beckett University student, Taylor Overton-Barrett, has created and donated over 7,000 face visors for frontline staff during the pandemic so far.
4. University of Exeter student ran 131 miles in five days to raise over £10,000 for the charity, Mind, to help support those experiencing mental health problems during the pandemic.
5. Imperial College London collaborative study finds that more than 40% of COVID-19 cases in the Italian city of Vò were asymptomatic.
6. Birmingham City University thanks students and staff as hundreds have joined the frontline response during the pandemic.
7. Loughborough University explores nuisance calls during the COVID-19 crisis and how to spot and deal with a telephone scam.
8. University of Dundee students set up a COVID-19 Community Relief group to help support vulnerable members of the local community.