Here’s a round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
1. University of Bath PhD student spends two months volunteering in a specialist laboratory to test COVID-19 swab samples.
2. University of Exeter research suggests children and young people may experience physical and psychological health problems as an indirect consequence of COVID-19.
3. University of Sheffield webinar series COVID-19 Research in Sheffield is available on catch up on the University website.
4. Goldsmiths University of London professor has written an article arguing the need for more democratic control of the media post-COVID-19.
5. University of Derby leaders are applying for government funding to help support the recovery of local SMEs.
6. University of Liverpool Nigerian Alumni Network supplies 107,600 pieces of PPE to two hospitals in Lagos.
7. University of South Wales engineering staff creates 2,000 face visors for 75 different organisations.
8. University of Reading professor helps explain why some people lose their sense of smell when suffering from a COVID-19 infection.