Here’s our round-up of the stories shared on social media over the last 24 hours.
- Univerisites UK is calling on policymakers and businesses to help universities support their students and recent graduates.
- BBC News spoke to the first volunteers to receive Imperial College’s trial vaccine
- Professor Andrew Pollard spoke to the Guardian about when we can expect a successful global COVID-19 vaccine.
- How has Covid-19 affected research into dementia? UEA researchers and Alzheimer’s UK are joining together for a free online event to explore the topic.
- Loss of smell is a common COVID-19 symptom, University of Reading researchers discuss the issue and how nose physiotherapy could help get patients their smell back.
- More than 200 student doctors and 98 student nurses from the University of Liverpool volunteered for the frontline during the pandemic. One of the recent graduates shared her story:
- The Office for Students has celebrated the University of Northampton’s counselling service.
- University of Greenwich Sociology Lecturer, Dr Louise Owusu-Kwarteng and Law Lecturer Louise Hewitt have contributed to a new publication: “Together: An anthology from the COVID-19 pandemic” which is available today.