Here’s our round-up of some of the latest stories about UK university COVID-19 projects and initiatives shared on social media over the last 24 hours
1. Bournemouth University creates a podcast to help support mental health during the pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic and lockdown is having an impact on everyone’s mental health.
Bournemouth University has produced a podcast to talk about the psychological effects of the pandemic and how they can be best managed.
2. University of Oxford research the impact of COVID-19 on women with endometriosis
In partnership with Endometriosis UK, the University of Oxford are studying the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on women who suffer from endometriosis.
The study will help inform how Endometriosis UK support women in the short and long term.
3. The University of Essex explores the role of social media during the COVID-19 lockdown
In a webinar on 18th May, the University of Essex will be exploring the role of social media during the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown.
4. Imperial College COVID-19 report adapted for young people
In collaboration with the Science Journal for Kids and Teens, Imperial College have published an adapted version of the report ‘Impact of non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID-19 mortality and healthcare demand’ for young people.
It’s hoped that the report will help young people understand the spread of COVID-19.
5. Student nurse on first clinical placement shares the sudden impact of COVID-19 – University of East Anglia
The coronavirus pandemic hit when Louise Sunar was on her first clinical placement as a student nurse in a hospital ward.
She shares her experiences of working on a ward treating COVID-19 patients.
6. De Monfort University distributes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers
As the shortage of essential PPE continues, De Monfort University have transformed a sports facility into a PPE distribution centre.
Over just a few days, the aid organisation working to distribute the equipment, 3D Crowd UK, will send over 3,000 visors to hospitals, care homes and healthcare workers.
7. The University of Nottingham helps postgraduate research students with a support package
The University of Nottingham has created a support package for postgraduate research students. The package includes fully funded extensions for submissions.
8. Researcher explores the impact of COVID-19 on grocery shopping trends – Nottingham Trent University
Panic buying, a surge in online grocery shopping and a return to the weekly shop.
Nottingham Trent University Retail Research Associate Nelson Blackley explores the COVID-19 grocery shopping trends.